Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's just a small possible side effect...

Went to the pyscho doc today and he changed my meds...get this, it came with a warning. If a rash starts to appear, discontinue immediately and call him b/c in rare cases it can make sheets of skin fall off and you can get really sick. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING....HE SAID THIS! He started out about what this medication treats and how it could be the perfect fit and then landed me with that! YIKES!!!! The medicine is called Lamactil...please don't send comments about other side effects and scary stories...I'm freakin' enough as it is! It treats seizures, bipolar (hmm...wonder if he is thinking about some possibilities with me), panic, depression, irritability, etc. Basically it is a mood stabilizer. So I'm asking for some major prayers that I won't break out in a rash (or worse) and that this drug does the trick for me. One out of ten people who use this drug gets a rash...that is 10%!!! He said it is low...yeah right.... .01% is low, not 10%! Looking on the positive side, at least it isn't 50%. Also, if this works for me PRAISE THE LORD! Until then I will be looking for an oozing rash that may develop around my eyes, mouth, in my mouth, booty area and other personal spots. Plus it may effect my balance...which was already questionable :) Plus side...another side effect is weight LOSS!!! Now wouldn't that be nice! Hope all is well with y'all in cyber land..Ta Ta!

No comments: